BG code

Mobify

08 August 2011

Summer Catch Up

Since I don't get summers off work and I've been so jealous of the teachers out there I took a blogging break. Not intentionally, but that's my excuse. We've had a great summer, full of beach trips, lake trips, river trips and a wedding here and there.

For Memorial Day weekend we went to Georgia to Lake Sinclair with Aunt Micky. She has the cutest lake house on a cove of the lake. We rode on the boat, skied, tube with the neighbors children and visited "lake friends" on the boat. Life on the lake is so different, people who live on the lake are so laid back, life moves at a slower pace and no one gets in a hurry.  We actually got to the house on Thursday night and never got back in the car until Monday afternoon. We went everywhere on the boat.




We did feed this little family of geese. 


Well, I say no one gets in a hurry, unless your the neighbor with a boat house full of snakes...she was moving pretty fast, on her lawn mower that she drove over to the house to borrow a gun. Poor lady, her boat house had become a snake house. We counted five snakes under and around the house. Daniel shot one, but the others just escaped under water to come back later. 

Daniel and I can't wait to go back to Aunt Micky's. We had the best, most relaxing time there. It was such a treat to hang out with Aunt Micky and play all weekend. 


Things to remember: (Ignore my notes here,I want to remember these things)
Daniel decided to slalom - he got it on the first try and he's hooked now
We skied on the Hawaiian  Ski
We tubed until we couldn't move.
Aunt Mic taught me to drive her boat

On the way home we saw "Barbie Beach" in person.

Summer Catch UP...To be continued

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment