
We had a great time hanging out with Jana, Todd, Chloe and Lydia. I think Dad and Lydia had the best weekend of all. Lydia is 6 and Dad let her drive his Samurai.

The video says it all!
I'm going to back up to the beginning of the week. We brought Molley home from Auburn and Monday we noticed right off that something wasn't right, Molley wasn't interested in her food at all. I thought at first that she was being stubborn and I would have to wait her out but she would eventually eat. By Tuesday night I knew I was wrong. The only thing she would eat was turkey baby food. After talking with Dr. Grider we decided that maybe Molley's stomach was absorbing her medicine that she was getting orally. From Wednesday on, Mom gave Molley shots to insure that she was getting the medicine into her system. AThis went on for the rest of the week. On Friday I gave Molley milk and she loved it but on Saturday she was sick all day from the milk. I stayed in constant contact will Dr. Grider and Dr. Durrance all weekend, writing down everything Molley ate...if anything. She would beg for food but wouldn't eat it when it was given to her. She tried so hard to eat turkey and even a little ground beef, so hard that she gagged herself trying. It was the hardest thing to watch. Through all of this she would drink water when she needed to.
I have to pause here and say that I was not the best hostess for the weekend. I was so emotional over Molley and she wasn't showing any improvements. I'm so sorry!!! All I could think about was the doctors said "it could be stomach cancer." My mind was in overdrive. Molley was walking around, tail wagging, but not eating and she could have cancer that would cause her to starve to death. I had to get a grip and I realized that was only going to happen when I let God have total control. I sang the song " I need the every hour" all day! Knowing that I couldn't and wouldn't put Molley through chemo lead to the worst thought ever. Having to make the "end of life" decision for my best friend(other than Daniel).
On Monday, when things with Molley weren't better, Mom took her back to Dr. Grider. He was alarmed at the amount of weight she had lost at this point(she was down to 14.4lbs from 18) and said we should take her back to Auburn, something just wasn't right.
To be continued...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment