BG code

Mobify

15 December 2013

Tipp's First Month










One month old with Papa Bear. Watch me Grow!!

When we came home from the hospital Jill and Jonathan Freeman came to visit us and bring potato soup. It was so good to see them and have Tipp meet their precious family.
We had so many wonderful friends bring us meals or send food for us to eat. It was such a blessing to our family.

Mom spent the night with us for awhile which was the biggest help ever!! She helped prepare meals and change Tipp and was a shoulder to cry on when I didn't think I could make it another minute. Hormone overload plus exhaustion led to a few tears. Daniel and I caught on to life with a baby but it was still so nice to have Mom here to answer my questions. Mom slept in the living room with Tipp so I could rest. She woke me up to feed him then she would burp him and put him back to bed.

Tipp started off sleeping well. He slept 4.5 hours at night then 3.5 after he ate. We didn't let him sleep more than 2 hours at the time during the day so he wouldn't get his days and nights mixed up.

On the day we left the hospital Tipp weighed 8lbs 5oz. At his first weight check he had already exceeded his birth weight and was 9lbs 3oz. At his one month check up Tipp weighed 11lbs 3oz and was 22.5inches long. He is growing fast. Makes me a little sad that he's growing so quickly and he won't be a baby long.

During Tipp's first month he went shopping with Mom and I in Foley.








Met his cousins that love him so. Mary Grace brought him his first Thanksgiving card.








Met his great Aunt Micky








And met his name sake, PawPaw Tip...DRB1








All four Danny Ralph Boutwells









Maw Maw and Paw Paw with Tipp.








Watched Auburn win an amazing Iron bowl








Snoozed in the recliner with Dad.








Went on his first stroller ride.








And had his first sink bath. Tipp's umbilical cord came off around two weeks after we got home.









A little tummy time









A Christmas parade with Hoot N Nanny and Charley Kate.








A some really good rest.



























This first month has been an absolute learning experience but the biggest blessing ever. Daniel and I have had to take it day by day and learn as we go. Breastfeeding along with newborn sleep (and the lack of) has pushed me to my knees on a daily basis. I couldn't do this without God's strength.

Week by Week




































- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment